Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fun times at the Dueling Piano's


Okay, so I will admit it... Arizona can be boring. But I think 75% might be mental, because there are actually things to do here. One of my favorites is a place in Temple called the Big Bang where they have two dueling pianos. They start playing at 5pm and play till 2am! We'd only been one other time and so when we were planing something to do with another couple, who both play piano, we thought this would be perfect.

I was a little worried when we found out that we couldn't be there until around 9pm (I'd been warned to be there at 7:45 if we wanted to make sure to get a table). But lucky for us we got a table (I mean we were really lucky). The Big Bang is a bar and the show goes late, so people just sit and stay forever! We even remembered to take some ones, so we wrote down our requests on a napkin and tossed it up on stage. I think they ended up playing 3 of the 4 songs. All in all it was a smashing success. I didn't get a photo of us with the piano's, but here's Jonathan and I being dorky.
-darby

0 very worthwile comments: