Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And..... GO!

Jonathan typing.

I've recently gotten into "speed-painting" in photoshop, which is exactly what it sounds like, although I don't actually time myself like hard core folks do. BUT I've really been enjoying it; it's really fun. I've always liked rough sketches and unrefined work (and even imperfections) in art so it's really cool for me.

Anyways I've owed my awesome nephew Chayden some elephant drawings for a while now so I thought I'd post my latest speed paint
for him. It's a pretty simple one, just a few tones and two real colors.

Done in just under 20min, but who's timing?

Well, hopefully I'll get better with practice and start using more colors, and maybe even get faster as I learn Photoshop more.

Hope y'all digs...

4 very worthwile comments:

Mom / Jolene said...

That is just so fun, Jon. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Coree Adams said...

WOW! That's really good Jon, I love it! Do more! As a matter of fact, I want a print of that elephant for my son's room. :) And I'm pretty serious.

Jonathan said...

Right on, I'm sure we can get one printed.

Steph said...

Jon...You are WAY talented!!! That's FRIEKIN' amazing!
I am really impressed.