Tuesday, April 29, 2008

There's been a robbery...

Sunday:
We lock up and go to church. After church we serve and do security for an hour. We are tired. We trudge home (or drive half a block) get out of the car, pull out the keys and realize that they aren't there. Opps. I'd taken them off the day before. We go to my folks. I realize that I have also stolen their spare key to our house. Crap. We come back. I remember that I'd left the bathroom window cracked that morning. (EXHIBIT A)
Unfortunately no little kiddo's were running around my mom's house. I was pulling out my phone to call our friends who just happen to have three little kids the size of bathroom windows when Jon (Exhibit B)decides he can fit in the window. Well after much struggling and one very dirty church shirt later he totally did and unlocked the house. Way to go Jonathan, breaking and entering is the new suave.

9 very worthwile comments:

laura said...

NICE! having a skinny husband came in handy!

i used to be able to fit in pepper's doggy door in high school...used to...not anymore :(

Megan said...

sometimes we leave the playroom window open..... you know, the huge window in our backyard. most husbands aren't quite as thin as you are jon.

Amy said...

That is awesome. We got locked out of my sisters house last Christmas so we made Thomas go through the doggy door and unlock the front door, which he did. Your husband is awesome for fitting through that window!

Mom / Jolene said...

I know, I know, SKINNY is WONDERFUL!!!

Cara Fish said...

Funny story! I'll bet that shirt will never be the same!

Hi Darby! It's been a while! Miss you and hope you are well! Glad we are blog friends!

Julie said...

I remember when we used to all sit around a good puzzle and you would tell us that story :)

Coree Adams said...

haha go Jon!

darbs said...

ha ha! i think i remember that too julie, i think it was a star trek puzzle!

judy said...

Breaking and entering... I think we all could be cited for that one.