
The Back Story:
18 months ago I convinced Jon to help me find a bread machine. I swore up and down that I'd use it. We bought one (at the DI because heaven knows i'm not going to pay full price for a breadmachine that I may or may not use) for 15 or 20 bucks. A little Sunbeam one. Well I used it for about a month then it got shuffled away. Recently I found it again and in an overall effort to cook more, I decided to find a good bread machine recipe. One that wasn't as dense as a rock.
So for the last 2 months I've been playing with recipes. I finally made one that rocks. Converting a recipe for HAM BUNS from the FAT SISTERS COOKBOOK, here it is.
1 Cup warm water
.7 TBSP (guesstimate here) yeast
1/5 Cup sugar
1/5 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 medium egg
Mix together, add to bread machine pan
3 cups flour
1/5 cup powdered milk
1 1/3 tsp salt
Set machine to regular and that's it. the bread comes out with a light crust, spongy texture, and just slightly sweet.
It takes 3 minutes to put together and there is no clean up!
I am in love with it! Plus then my house smells like bread several times a week, not a bad deal.
Monday, April 21, 2008
3 minute homemade bread
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 very worthwile comments:
dang, you're making me want a bread machine now...i might have to make a d.i. trip myself!
Yum!!!! Get out the butter and jam!
Uhh..your picture makes me want to eat bread for every meal.
I try a new recipe every week to keep cooking a little more interesting. I tend to get bored. I'm gonna try this one for my weekly new one.
Thanks
I'm going to have to try that recipe. I haven't used my bread machine in forever!!
Hey, I'm one of your biggest fans, where's my name???
i totally had you on, then i deleted all of my links one day by accident, will you send me it and an invite again? d
totally forgot about DI-maybe I'll blow all of my next paycheck on a bread machine!
Awesome, I will have to try that out!
Post a Comment