
Image from Deviant Art
The other day the topic of youtube and Ivy League Lectures came up during a lazy evening. I'm still not sure who brought it up, but I found the idea totally amazing. I love learning and have been feeling the need lately to tone down my idle tv watching.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE tv. I love amazing writing, impeccable delivery and beautiful cinematography, but show's matching those criteria come along only once in a while. (Arrested Development, Flight of the Concords, and Amelie are a few of the shows I've seen meeting them.)
But in months past I've been finding myself watching way too many episodes of my beloved Law and Order as well as Extreme Home Makeover. I've been actively trying to spend my time more wisely, only watching tv when the program really warranted my attention. It's really been a good move, but I have a long way to go before really controlling my tv habit.
So back to my original point. I was lying in bed with my lappy enjoying the last vestiges of spring, before enduring yet another Arizona summer and I stumbled upon a site called Academic Earth, where you can watch lectures from some of the greatest minds at some of the best institutions of learning.
I wish I could say I've seen them all, but I haven't, not yet. I've watched just one, on anatomy and I'm loving it. I'm surprised at how much I'm remembering from the AP Anatomy course I took my senior year of high school.
So if you are feeling the need for some higher education, or you just want to be able to beat your husband once, just once at the crossword puzzle check it out.
Monday, April 27, 2009
higher education
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 very worthwile comments:
that looks just up my alley. do i put them on my ipod via podcast? do i need to do the visual as well as the audio?
I'll watch it and realize just how stupid I am. When I watch Law & Order I feel smart "if" I figure out what happened before it ends.
Post a Comment