For Amy - she requested the story of how I got into photography and became a cool-ish person :)
Well as we all know I was a dorkus in high school. I was in yearbook and attempted to take photos, those didn't really turn out. I'd always though photography was cool, and my dad had a fun 35mm camera he used to use alot when we were growing up. And so for my 16th or 17th birthday that was my gift, this 35mm camera. Well, like I said, I tried to use it, but that didn't go over so well.
Jump ahead to my second year of college, I was trying to determine what I wanted to do and specialize in. I really considered nursing school, like my older two sisters. But I just was really unsure and unsettled about it. Then... my friend Kathryn (yes you are a major keystone in this story) got married and I helped them put together a photo montage. Which I'm sure was not all that great, but boy oh boy was that fun. I loved 'editing' the photos around and trying to see if I could figure it all out.
Jump ahead about a month, I was over at my sister, Ande's, house and we were talking and she said is this something you think you want to do? And I told her yeah, and she said, we'll do you want to do it with me? And so thus began our video company.
Fast forward about a year, we were wanting me to learn more about how to compose better shots (in video) so I enrolled in a few photo classes, and fell in love with photography. So over the last 5 years we have been adding photography to our bag of tricks and now we have both a video company, My Wedding Film and a photography company Darby Elizabeth Photography!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
The E! True Hollywood Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 very worthwile comments:
Thanks Darby!
And just so you know, everyone was 'dorkus' in high school. Seriously. I pulled out my high school scrap album and my friends here about died. Literally. From laughter. And not nice giggling, but cold harsh cackling. So good for you for becoming cool in the profession you love!
Some of us are still aiming for that... :p
Sweet! I'm so glad my marriage started such a great career. Your video was lovely, I just need it converted to a DVD now since Ryan got rid of our VCR. (I know, I did get married in the VCR days. Old huh.) Hey, I would love for you to come and take pictures of me and my family. I just need Ryan's hair to grow back. (Yes, he had me shave it bald a few weeks back). Plus, don't we need to get together sometime? Play the Wii or we now have old school Ninetendo games. Fun times.
Post a Comment