well our blog got a much needed overhaul :)
This week I decided enough was enough. Jonas can clearly sleep through the night without a bottle. He's moved up to 8oz bottles and just didn't need to wake up in the night. So I decided some tough love was in order.
The first night he woke up probably 8-10 times. He'd roll over and get stuck or spit out mr. bink. It was a truly awful night. Each time he's wake up I'd stumble in and stick a bink back in his mouth and tuck his blanky up by his chubby little cheek and go back to bed.
The second night he woke up maybe 3-4 times. Each time I soothed him in his crib and he'd fall back asleep.
The third night something magical happened. I woke up at 6am to my alarm. I heard him cooing in his bed as happy as could be.
This is him in the morning being a doll.
The only downside is that he's no adjusting his nap schedule to match the added sleep he's getting. So yesterday was awful. No nap at all the whole day! He was a disaster.
Today is much better and he fell asleep easily.
This photo is of him yesterday totally comatose, just zoning out. 
And from today while he was eating and getting ready for his nap he was falling asleep while holding his sippy.
Friday, June 5, 2009
overhaul and sleepy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 very worthwile comments:
ha! "mr. bink"...i love that
letting babies "cry it out" sucks, but it's so worth it. my trick is to throw like, 6 binkies in their bed with them...they're bound to grab one eventually.
LOVE the blog overhaul. you'll have to teach me how to do mine one day :)
Little J is such a good baby. He'll come around!
Post a Comment