Tuesday, June 23, 2009

giving loves

I promise that I'm just about ready to move on and show photos other than those from the mountains. But, here is one last great shot.

On Saturday we had a little treasure hunt for the children. They enjoyed the entire experience. While we were nearing the end we came here. It's a place where our great grandfathers tried to drill a well for water. Instead of hitting water, unfortunately, they struck an underground cave. We learned that there are numerous such caves in the area. They sealed off the hole to the cave with this thing. I'm not sure what it is, but we call it the blow hole.

Why the blow hole? Well this cave is interesting. In the morning suck in air and form a soft vacuum and in the afternoons it'll blow out air. As children we were always fascinated by it.

Back to the story. So a stop in the treasure hunt was to the blow hole and the little kids were getting a kick out of it blowing air on them. Here Samara and Malia were 'listening' to the air and I told them to give loves. Well Malia knew what that meant and laid one on Samara. It was so sweet and cute. Those little girls are going to be great friends!

This picture made me reflect on my relationships. Are we willing to give loves?


1 very worthwile comments:

Angela said...

Please don't start kissing me on the lips...