Wednesday, June 10, 2009

am i crazy?

I often get the question...

"So are you really gonna take pictures of Jonas every week of his life forever!?"

I usually smile and laugh it off. But the truth is that I have a plan. I'm planning on taking a photo of each of my children each week for the first year of their little lives. Then after that I'll do one a month, probably on the first Sunday of the month.

Why?

Well the real reason is that I'll never get these times back, these little quiet moments as he plays and giggles and is a pure delight. My children will continue to grow and learn and I want to have a little memory of each stage, good or bad.

Thanks to many years of hard work and practice I've turned into a pretty decent photographer and I want to benefit from that hard work.

So I apologize for this blog feeling like 'Jonas'' blog, but really it's my blog, my memory book and my thoughts on being a mother.

6 very worthwile comments:

Amy said...

Booyah to you. I wish I had any pictures of myself as a first year baby outside of the monthly Sears portrait ones.

Sandy said...

I think its a great idea!

Marie said...

I don't think you're crazy. Way to utilize your talents!

Kathryn said...

Hey, I say if you are good at it, go for it. I took a ton of pictures of the girls, but none that look like the ones you take of Jonas. I would probably think you were silly if you didn't use your talent and skill on your own children.

Mom / Jolene said...

and I say 'yeah!' i hate that i'm not there for this lovely time, and this helps. thanks!

Sparks Fam said...

you won't regret having lots of pics of your kids. the baby phase passes too quickly. plus, even your casual pics look like they should be in a magazine!