Saturday, August 30, 2008

We Live!

Alright, somebody has to update this blog.

We haven't been very exciting lately so I've come up with lots of filler material. Sounds fun, right?

What have I been listening to?

The Helio Sequence!

Winner of the Most Entertaining Drummer To Watch Award... Seriously he's mesmerizing. You can't look away while he drums.



What have I been reading?

I recently finished Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds - a hard science space opera.



Don't judge me.

I've been trying to think of fun baby room themes that aren't too girly or too boyish (depending on what we find out next week). And I thought a Wizard of Oz theme would be kinda different and fun, and I found these great pieces of art if we went in that direction:




I love Dorothy's ruby red chucks.

Well there you go, that should meet our blog updating quota for a while. I hope you all enjoy your long weekend and...



... uh, woah, that was weird...

Anyways like I was saying. Enjoy your labor day!

9 very worthwile comments:

Amy said...

hilarious.

laura said...

you and your man-crush on joel mchale...why won't you just marry him if you love him so much!

Kathryn said...

whoa- did I miss something? I thought I was pretty faithful at reading every post of yours. Baby room....Darby are you having a baby?!!! Shouldn't you have one of those little fetus counters :) Congrats.

Mom / Jolene said...

LOVE the Wizard of Oz theme. Cute and unusual. Great pictures. CALL ME TUESDAY!!!!!??

Marily said...

Okay, yeah. You are wondering what to post about? What about the fact that you are having a baby?! Yeah, us old school chums who only keep up with you via the third party named Blogger need to know these things. CONGRATS!! And I love love the funky Wizard of Oz stuff--way cool.

Martineau Family said...

So fun!! I can't wait to find out what you are having. AND YES I agree with some of these other people you need to do a post about the fact that you are having a baby!!!

Megan said...

that cat cracked me up on the soup. that joel is hilarious to me. i absolutely LOVE the Wizard of Oz idea. completely original. we really miss seeing you and darby. laura was saying something about maybe you guys coming up over Halloween. we're going to be gone that week. hopefully you guys aren't coming then. chayden is going to be getting the priesthood on november 9th. I don't know if you guys have concrete plans about coming over Halloween, but just FYI. I don't even know if Darbs can fly that late in the pregnancy, we just miss you during times like these.

Angela said...

You have to let us know immediately what you are having. Some of us live in a very boring place and need things like knowing the gender of your baby to keep us going.

Paige said...

"Good morning, good morning and good morning everyone good morning." I'm also obsessed with Joel McHale. We were laughing histerically at that cat last week. Too funny! I think a wizard of oz theme sounds adorable!!!! So cute!