I share this with the hope that I can help others if they are looking for inspiration. These are AZ deals. I'm trying to get better at cooking, not only for the financial benefits, but for the health benefits. Let's face it, Taco Bell just doesn't cut it. So here's what I'm doing this upcoming week...
My Shopping List (most deals run Wednesday to Wednesday so I like to shop Monday or Tuesday's). Most of this info should be right, but you can check out Pinchingyourpennies.com for more accurate info. I'm still getting used to this coupons/saving money lingo. I'm going to start using coupons, but since I'm new to this, I don't have many collected. I hope you enjoy! Darby
Shopping List - for August 11
Needs:
small heavy cream (1) - bashas
Soy sauce
bouillon cubes
1 whole chicken (I'm learning how to dissect the chickens and get more bang for my buck)
Bell Peppers- Green .44 ea Sprouts
1 can green chilies
Milk- Gallon 40% off (Shamrock Farms, first 3) Bashas
2 for $5 sausage - owens brand safeway
round steak - 3.99lb - safeway
Corn- Cob .25 ea Bashas
Optional Items:
Cherries- Red Sweet 1.69lb Sprouts
Nectarines- Yellow .88lb Safeway
peaches-white .77 sprouts
Plums- Red .77lb Sprouts
10/$10 Crest toothpaste VIP card frys -Food Storage
1.39lb tbone steak ranchers reserve - safeway
10 cans at .89cent tuna - safeway - food storage
20/$10 frys mac and cheese - frys - food storage
mangos 2/1 safeway
2 for 1 arrowhead water - safeway - food storage
.77lb plumbs - sprouts
My Dinner Plans:
August 15
Aleen's Flauta's (I had some left over pot roast I'll use in these for the meat)
peach cobbler
August 16
Chicken Stir-Fry
August 17
French Toast and Whip cream
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cooking-for-real/french-toast-with-caramelized-pecans-strawberries-and-cream-recipe/index.html1
http://www.latartinegourmande.com/2007/04/02/simplest-brioche-la-plus-simple-des-brioches/
August 18
Crepes with fresh mango (a sunday tradition)
August 19
Teriyaki Chicken on rice
with corn on cob
August 20
Homemade mac and cheese (another family recipie, but easy to make)
August 21
Crock pot Round Steak
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1612,157182-245200,00.html
Saturday, August 9, 2008
My Meal Chart this week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 very worthwile comments:
wow, lucky laura to be visiting you this week.
K, so what night can I come over??? JK. You are so domestic! What a good little wife you are. Oh, I just got caught up on your blog and Ben and I are totally excited to try out the culinary school restaurant. What a good idea.
I just roasted my first chicken! I have been forced into domesticity by the lack of restaurants here in Rexburg...
Ah, Bashas!! Store of my heart. I miss it! No grocery store smells as good as a Bashas. (yes, I think grocery stores have individual smells) :)
Post a Comment