Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Something new

Lately I've been enjoying cooking shows. I haven't been able to apply too much, but i did today. While out shopping today I got a great deal on a whole chicken. I was planning on using lot's of chicken in my meals this week and so I needed some chicken. Well I decided to put my tv watching to use. I brought it home and cut it right up. I remembered how to cut at the joints and all that jazz. I think I'll watch another show on how to cut them up again, just to make sure I didn't miss anything before I get another one. I was really happy with it though. I was able to get lot's of meat for just a few bucks! It was kind of gross though, as this photo I pulled off the internet shows.

3 very worthwile comments:

laura said...

so brave! i've never bought chicken with the bone in. was it easy to take apart?

Mom / Jolene said...

Wow, good for you. I always make Ray do that, 'cause it makes me gag.

darbs said...

It really wasn't too bad, the guts were gross, but once I got past that it was kind of interesting.