Monday, June 2, 2008

A cool Sunday

This past weekend Jonathan and I were up in Seattle doing a little work and a lot of site-seeing. I think we figured that we walked 10+ miles on Saturday! I'm going to post all of those photos as soon as I get them on the computer this week. Meanwhile I wanted to tell you about our Sunday morning. Sunday morning, yesterday, we had decided to go to a church meeting.

So we texted google on our phone and found a few meeting houses and then found one that was close to the airport, so we could just go right over after the meetings. We showed up at 9:20 ish , figuring we had time to wait and 9 or ten was a safe time for the Start of a Sacrament meeting. As we pull in to the church parking lot it's really small and there are a few men out directing traffic to other nearby lots. We figured they just had terrible parking. So we parked down the road and walked into the building. As we were walking in we joked that it would be funny if it was a Stake Conference Meeting. Well lo and behold we walk in and a greeter hands us a program and booklet thing and I look down and realize that it is. And that it started at 9. So we make our way to the back of the hall because there are going to be no seats up close. As we are walking down the hall i glanced and the program and there as the last speaker is Elder M Russell Ballard's name!! How sweet is that!

So not only did we totally have a great weekend, but we also got to hear an amazing talk from a member of the 70 as well as Elder Ballard! It was pretty amazing and I don't know that I'll ever forget it!

7 very worthwile comments:

Mom / Jolene said...

Wow! How serendipitous is that? Tell us what he said.

Amy said...

That is so awesome!!! Wish I had stumbled upon an apostle in a meetinghouse by mistake...

Megan said...

Amazing. What a wonderful thing to remember. I'm sorry that we won't be seeing you guys this weekend. This is really when I wish you two were closer.

Simple Simon said...

who is Russell Ballard?

scott
(not being a wise apple, just wondering)

Simple Simon said...

oh sorry, i didn't read amy's post. thanks anyway

laura said...

VERY NICE! what a pleasant surprise!

christopher g said...

Now you just need visit Seattle 11 more times and you'll have the full set.