Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Taco Soup

I made this tonight. It was super yummy, really easy and I had almost everything on hand (and those few things I didn't I just omitted). I even used beans from my food storage. Go me!


Crock Pot Taco Soup
Recipe #40022 | 2¼ hours | 10 min prep


This soup is quick and easy to prepare and has great flavor. I got it from a family friend.


Ingredients

* 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
* 1 (16 ounce) can white beans or kidney beans
* 1 (11 ounce) can niblet corn
* 1 (11 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
* 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
* 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
* 1 (1 ounce) envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix
* 1 lb shredded chicken, ground beef or any meat

Directions

1.
1
Cook meat and drain.
2.
2
Shred if needed.
3.
3
Add all ingredients to crock pot.
4.
4
DO NOT DRAIN CANS.
5.
5
Stir.
6.
6
Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
7.
7
Keep on low until serving to keep hot.
8.
8
Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, or tortilla chips.

1 very worthwile comments:

Mom / Jolene said...

But Wait - where is the baby?