Today is Sunday. Last week we were waiting in the hospital for our little guy to arrive and this week he's snoozing on the couch while I watch a silly sci-fi channel show called ghost hunters. Here's just a few photos I snapped to commemorate his first week of life. Oh and I've included a few of his room too.
A few fun notes about his room. We found the rug at a store called home goods and i love it. The browns and blues were exactly what we'd been looking for. The crib is a cherry color, but we'll probably paint it to match the awesome credenza (dresser) that we found at the DI and re-finished. The changing table is great and tall! My brother in law made it and it's fabulous. Jonathan and I decided on the brown after seeing it on a wall at IKEA and falling in love with it. The lazy boy chair was another amazing thrift find. We got it at a savers store for 35 dollars! It's really new and oh so comfy. The theme in the room is dinosaurs, the artwork is almost ready to go up on the walls. Jon has been painting them and now we just need to finish the framing!




Sunday, February 1, 2009
Jonas turns 1 week old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 very worthwile comments:
Love it!!
so I might be a little bit off here, but I kind of like the cherry red crib popping out from the browns! :)
LOVE the room...LOVE the baby!!!
Cute room, I am looking forward to seeing the artwork. And whenever I see paper lanterns I think about your wedding reception with all the cool patterns and colors. Where do you find such cool paper lanterns anyway?
Darby, He is so precious. And the nursery is way cute. Isn't decorating fun, especially for your little guy :-)
Oh Darby!!! Baby Jonas is SO adorable. WOW! What a cutie! I'm so happy for you. He room looks awesome too.
I love the room, but I'm also super jealous that it's warm enough to go outside for a walk with a baby that's only one week old.
SO CUTE!!!!! Love the green paper lanterns...seems I've seen those before. :)
Oh, my. He is beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS to the new Mama & Papa!! The nursery looks fantastic too.
Darbs I love your fun rug and all your adorable pictures of your little monster!!! Ha Ha!! I got that name from you. : )
Post a Comment