Wednesday, August 12, 2009

merchants of cool

I was just talking to my brother in law and we as we were talking our conversation drifted from the ridiculously silly tv show the kids were watching to good tv etc. We ended up talking about how Jonathan and I have decided we won't mind our kids enjoying a little tv as long as there are no ad's in it. And if they do watch ad's we want to watch with them to point out the manipulations. Well that reminded me of a video we watched a while back.

The video was produced by PBS and is called the Merchants of Cool.

It's a very eye opening show on how manipulative corporate America is on our children, teenagers and even us adults.

You can enjoy it if you want by clicking on that link. I found it pretty interesting the first time I saw it and need to watch it again.

1 very worthwile comments:

Mom / Jolene said...

that IS a good show. thanks for the reminder.