
Goal Setting. Ever since I was a little muffin, i tried to set goals at the begining of the year. and every year I have mostly failed. So I quit setting them! But this year I decided I was a big kid and I was going to set some goals. Well, really I only set one.
This year I decided to leave things better than I found them. That's a long title for clean up my own messes. Pretty much I was tired of looking around my house thinking, wow, where's my maid? So I've just set a personal goal to clean up right after I make a mess so that it is just gone My goal goes further than that, in leaving things better than I found it, I decided I wanted to have a more in shape body next january, than I do right now. So I've started working out. I love it, I can tivo workout shows and watch them first thing in the morning! It's great! You really can't beat working out, I mean it's hard, but when you get to do it right in your own living room it's great!
I also have a better understanding of the Gospel next year, so I've started reading my scriptures more regularly. I really want to get through the Bible. I never have, so this is my chance to leave things better!
(wow I really am going on here!)
Anyway, since I usually fail with traditional goal setting, I think this might be good for me. Just to have an idea that come next year I want to have left my life better than I am finding it right now. I think if I can do that I am going to be one happy gal :)
take care ya'll! darb
Monday, January 7, 2008
Suddenly I See....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 very worthwile comments:
I think that is a GREAT way to goal set Darbs. I need to be more like that too. What a great way to put it.
thanks :) it's a fun way to think, not oh my gosh i have to pick this up, but wow i'd like to leave things better than i found them!
you're awesome!! good luck!
Good for you Darby. I should set the same goal. I'm really good at leaving messes. Thanks for the idea.
nice goals! I sat down to do the same thing and I wrote almost 30 things! I have a lot to work on...which programs do you tivo?
darby,
what a great idea. I think i'm going to do the same. Check out our blog
http://thegraysonsfaces.blogspot.com/
have a great day!Muffin :o)
what a great goal! I think i'm going to do the same thing. Check out our blog:http://thegraysonsfaces.blogspot.com/
Have a great day.
Muffin :o)
Post a Comment