Saturday, January 19, 2008

Another Elusive Jonathan Post

The following video was recovered from Site-447, formerly known as "Mesa, AZ." Contains footage of incident codenamed "Simonfield."



I got to help the Guthries with their new piano, and provided a show during the move. What Stacy didn't film was the wicked "Sweet Child of Mine" I busted out right before this.

Things I learned from watching Cloverfield tonight (no spoilers):

  • Camcorders have recently experienced a huge leap in quality, especially in recording audio.
  • The actual name of the song playing during the end credits is called "Roar!" I'm not kidding.
  • Watching NYC disaster movies is way more fun after having been there.
Last anecdote - We went to Oregeno's for a lunch-date. We ordered a stuffed pizza which they said would take 45min to make. We waited the 45min being entertained by the drunk neighboring patrons who were loudly discussing their latest World of Warcraft experiences, in detail. Finally the manager came out and said he had bad news about our pizza. "We took it out of the oven and dropped it on the floor." He told us he'd comp our meal and we could order anything else we wanted, so we upgraded our waters to Mr Pibbs. Yeah, that's right, you heard me.

6 very worthwile comments:

laura said...

did ya like the cloverfield? megan walked out because she was too sick from the shaky camera.

Jonathan said...

I thought it started out as goofy fun dumb, but then it quickly progressed to just dumb dumb.

Mom / Jolene said...

that video made me laugh and laugh. see, thats why i paid the big bucks to dick all those years -- so i could have pleasure in my old age.

Coree Adams said...

hahahahahahahaha

Rennai said...

Oh my goodness I went and saw Cloverfield last night! I thought since I'm so used to looking through an LCD screen "no problemo". RIGHT! I was so motion sick :(

Jonathan said...

Ha ha, so true.